Meet Our Team
“Live as if you are going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you are going to live forever” – Mahatma Gandhi
As current President, CEO, and original founder of Buffalo Office Interiors, Jim has four decades of experience in the industry. Kicking-off his career as an office supply salesman for Ryan and Williams in the early 1970s, he soon was promoted to Vice President of Sales, after helping to establish its new office furniture division. Among his accomplishments within that position was successfully managing the company’s growth from near bankruptcy to profitability. Due to this overwhelming success, he decided to pursue his own business. In 1981, Jim and his former partner established Buffalo Office Interiors, Inc. Thirty-three years later, together with his son Joe who serves as Vice President, Jim still enjoys being involved in daily operations where he empowers his team toward continued growth and the future success of the company.
Jim is very involved in many civic programs. Some of his more notable accomplishments are:
- Appointed as a delegate to the White House Small Business Association (SBA) conference in 1995
- 1994 Graduate of University at Buffalo Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. Also served as mentor and reactor for the program
- Chairman for the Peter and Tommy Fund Pediatric Liver Foundation Golf Tournament
- Member, Board of Directors for Amherst Youth Hockey
- Co-Chair for the Medaille College Golf Tournament
- A member of the Buffalo Niagara Sales & Marketing Executives (BNSME)
- Chairman of the Advisory Council for the Small Business Association, Buffalo, NY
- Advisor for the Law Enforcement Foundation of Western New York
When Jim is not working or volunteering, he can be found on the golf course. But with Jim, family comes first. His wife Kathy of 46 years, oldest son, Joe (Tammy) and their two children, Joey and Sienna, and youngest son, Jimmy (Courtney) who welcomed grandchild number three in March 2021.
“Talent is God given. Be Humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.”
– John Wooden, UCLA Men’s Basketball Coach 1948-1975
Joe has been in various roles in the company since 1994, where he began his career in the warehouse/installation department. From there, he moved on to Purchasing Coordinator, Sales Assistant, Project Manager and Account Executive before becoming the Vice President and Co-Owner of the company. Joe attended Erie Community College and SUNY Potsdam and completed his studies at Canisius College.
Joe and his wife, Tammy have two children, Joey and Sienna and reside in East Amherst. He is extremely passionate about coaching as he been a youth hockey volunteer coach at the house, travel, and high school levels for more than 20 years and his teams have ranged in age from 7-17 years old. He served as Head Coach of the Williamsville North Spartans JV and Modified hockey teams for more than 13 years while also coaching his son in travel hockey and baseball and his daughter in travel softball. Joe is an avid golfer and a die-hard Bills and Sabres fan.
- Leadership Buffalo, Class of 2010 graduate
- Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2015-19
- Emerging Business Leaders, Co-chair, 2018-19
- Amherst Youth Hockey, Board of Directors, 2013-present
- Niagara Frontier JV Hockey Association, Board of Directors, 2015-2016
- Niagara Frontier JV Hockey Association, League President, 2017-present
- Hasek’s Heroes, Board of Directors, 2016-present
- Lou Gehrig Youth Baseball & Softball, Vice President, Board of Directors 2020-present
“The golden rule is that there are no golden rules.” – George Bernard Shaw
Dan is our longest employed team member. With Buffalo Office Interiors since 1991, he has supervised the installation and construction of countless projects. His expertise in problem-solving is second to none. Dan’s ability to facilitate and delegate tasks concludes in his ability to not only be detailed, but also efficient on every single project. He is also OSHA 10 hour industry certified.
Dan regularly enjoys boating and camping during the warmer months.
“Don’t count the days, make the days count.”
Sarah received her A.A.S. degree in Architectural Technology from Alfred State College and her B.F.A. Degree from the Interior Design program at Villa Maria College. She brings more than 12 years of experience to our team. and incorporates strategy and innovation into the design process. Sarah is dedicated to helping our clients fulfill their design needs.
Sarah has two sons, Jamison and Kelly. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and sports.
“I’m the smart one”
Deborah has been with Buffalo Office Interiors in our accounting department for more than 15 years, where she has performed a variety of duties. She has her AAS in Business Administration from Bryant and Stratton Business Institute, and several diplomas in Accounting, Business Administration, Travel and Tourism, and Vocational Bookkeeping.
A life-long Buffalonian, Deborah and her family are die-hard Bills fans! Her newest addition to her family is her kitten, Noel, who was adopted from the SPCA.
Our dedicated and reliable team of Installers has over 40 years of combined knowledge in the industry. The install team is always in high spirits and strives to maintain a high standard of quality and outstanding customer satisfaction. Whether its new construction or office renovation, our technicians have the experience and resources to handle any project. In their downtime, they enjoy fishing, camping, playing video games, and spending time with their families.
Interested in joining our team? Check out our current career opportunities.